Monday, January 17, 2011

How do you take your oils?

At my age (honestly any age to the right of 20) we all know that taking care of your skin needs to be a priority and protecting it from the awful decease that is wrinkles or “fine lines” is a lifelong quest – or so it seems anyway.
Mind you – I got them! I know they are the result of all the time I laughed and cried – the life I lived so far – I am just not mature enough to appreciate them just yet. I find that adding oils (the right fatty acids) to your diet helps my skin smooth out and look alive, so yes – I am a heavy oil drinker.
Udo’s choice is my top pick as it combines a little of all the good stuff.
In the US my local organic grocery store would have a whole fridge full of lovely eatable oils – upon moving back to Europe I find I have to work a little to find the good stuff, but most health stores in both Denmark and Norway carries Udo’s choice oil.
I take my oil in the morning with a row of 70% chocolate, almonds, avocado and often a berry smoothie/juice as a side to my actual breakfast. Yes, it is a calorie heavy meal – but it is all about prioritizing right? Besides I would take a few extra pounds to a worn rough face any day.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm Måske man skulle prøve det - synes efterhånden mine begynder at vise sig, eller også er jeg bare startet på tidlig 30-års krise ;D
    Håber I har det godt deroppe i Norge og er kommet godt på plads..
    Knus fra Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg synes virkelig den er god - jeg blander den i juice eller smoothie for det kan vaere lige lidt kvalmt at drikke den ren. Vi er kommet OK pa plads - er stadig i det midlertidige hus etc. - glaeder os til at komme RIGTIGT paa plads. Haaber I kommer og besoeger os! william savner tante Camilla og onkel Gunther :).. Haaber alt er vel hos jer ogsaa!

    ReplyDelete