Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shelf fillers

We are still far far away from being done with the decorating of our new home, but we are getting closer! Honestly I never was much of a decorator, but now lately I feel like I want things to look nice – not only in my closet but in every room that surrounds it.
Our house is – how to put it – not how I would have built it myself. It is a Norwegian cabin style – which means tons of wood, shelves all over and many small rooms, but I am trying hard to make the best of it.
Our living room has A LOT of shelf space and instead of just taken it all down, I have tried to run with it and find good stuff to fill it out.  My favorite fillings are those created by Italian artist Fornasetti – do check out the website it is over the top awesome.  I can’t wait to see the flagship store in Milan; from the pictures on their website it looks amazing.
Other items I like are my miniature Egg chair in a glass globe – and my brown pile of goodness on the left (Zara Home box, Louis Vuitton’s guide to Paris and a Diptyque berries candle on top).

2 comments:

  1. Having recently refurbished my own home, I know the exact feelig of wanting things to look nice. The shelf fillers gotta have both a purpose and look beautiful. I threw out so much old, ugly stuff that my sister asked me if I had anything left at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha :). I am such a hoarder myself! I feel most of my stuff have some personal meaning to me - something I bought on a vacation, something that was passed down to me etc. But with that many shelves I had to get creative! I'll show more shelf fillers over the next days - I would love to see some of yours on your blog to get some inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete