Tuesday, February 8, 2011

William's new room

Quite soon William will have his very own Norwegian room in our new house (we just need to get the house first - but details, details). I bought a bunch of stuff before we left the US- I’ll show you when it arrives and I get to start decorating!

I have a really hard time not buying my son everything under the moon. I buy toys based on 3 basic thoughts:


  1. Something that bring back my own childhood memories
  2. Something I REALLY wanted as a child myself
  3. Something I imagine will come to represent a childhood memory for him

… So that pretty much covers every toy in every store.

Oslo might just have the world’s best toy store Riktige Leker - most toys in the store are none-plastic and the store itself is just one big pile of amazingness.
Yesterday I managed to get out of there with only 2 things:

A Petit Price jewelry for for all the jewelry he doesn’t have (yet):



And robot boxes for organizing:



And with store windows like this - I would buy toys here even if I didn’t have a kid!


2 comments:

  1. Quite the little busy bee on the blog ehhhh.....Its fantastic to get new updates and good fashion info every day :-)We look forward to see the fairytale room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! William's room will represent true honest hoarding :)

    ReplyDelete